Friday, March 10, 2006

Helo one and all!!!

I hav a 20 minute window b4 one of my fav programmes comes on (NCIS 4 any1 who is interested), so i thrt i wud use this time 2 expand on the 'unexpected turns' comment i made in my last entry.

I studied at the Uni of Kent in Canterbury, and for my final year i went to The City Church there, and after my degree (i did a BSc in Economics), i did a year out volunteering in the church, specifically with the elderly.

At the end of June 2005 i left Canterbury, thnkn i wud return and get a job there. But it didnt quite go 2 plan.....I was praying to God, and i was convinced that that was where He wntd me, and so kept applying for jobs there and everything.

Anywayz, to cut a long story short...i ended up getn a job near where my parents live, which is near Leeds. I now reside in a place called Wakefield, and work in an Independent Financial Advisory firm. I will b honest and say that i was 'annoyd' at God, and decided to tell Him, in detail, that i was 'displeased' with His decision (any1 who knows me can imagine how that went, and for those of u who dnt, carry on reading my entries, and u'll get a picture of wat im like : D!!). Now i was bak living with my parents, and away from the church family that had become an important part of my life. It seemed that evrythng that i wntd and the place i had grown 2 love had bn taken away by God, for a reason i STILL dnt understand.

But 2 encourage christians who may b in a similar situation, in that they do not know what God is doin with there life, and where He is taking them, read Acts 17 v 26-30. God used that verse to change how i looked at the situation, and I am now learning more and more that it is HE who is in control of my destiny, and that even tho i dnt understand why He does things, He does them for my benefit and His glory, and so the outcome will ALWAYS b gud.

Well, that is the short of it without goin into 2much detail.....and for those of u who think that wasn't short...that is for me!!!!!!!

Ritey, thats that. I shall leave u all now 2 go and watch NCIS (for those of u who havnt heard of it b4 or havnt watchd it..do so. It is WELL gud).

So until my next entry, God Bless xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home